GCSE Success at Southmoor Academy
Last week we saw fantastic success at A Level, and today we were delighted to celebrate an impressive set of results for our GCSE students.
We could not be more proud of our ‘Class of 2022’ students, who had much to celebrate when they collected their results in school today. They are a credit to themselves, their families and their school. Despite facing multiple disruptions during two crucial years in their education and being the first cohort to complete full examinations since lock down, they have achieved some of the best results ever seen at Southmoor! They have faced all challenges with determination, good humour and with the endless support from our fantastic team of staff.
- 68% achieved 5 standard passes (grade 4 or above) including English and mathematics
- 68% achieved a ‘standard pass’ (grade 4 or above) in English and mathematics
- 53 % achieved a ‘strong pass’ (grade 5 or above) in English and mathematics
- 81% achieved a standard pass (grade 4 or above) in English
- 70% achieved a standard pass (grade 4 or above) in mathematics
- 37%% achieved a ‘standard pass’ (grade 5 or above) in Ebacc subjects
- 27% achieved a ‘strong pass (grade 5 or above) in Ebacc subjects
These excellent outcomes are the result of a huge effort students and staff and tremendous support from parents and carers.
We are delighted that more students than ever before are progressing into the sixth form at Southmoor, well equipped with the skills needed to succeed at A Level and other Level 3 courses.
Congratulations to all of our students on their hard-earned results. We wish you all every continued success for the future!
This booklet is an excellent resource for parents, carers and students to help you better understand your grades and results.
You can find more photos from an emotional morning below.