Required School Equipment
Southmoor students are expected to bring a minimum amount of equipment to each lesson. Equipment should be well maintained and kept safe in a pencil case. Your pencil case should contain the essential equipment you will need every day at school. Pupils must bring at least this equipment with them every day they are in school and keep it in good condition.
The required equipment for every day at Southmoor is:
- A Black Pen
- A Green Pen
- A Pencil
- A Ruler (15cm)
- A Pencil Sharpener
- An Eraser
- A Pencil Case to hold all of the above
- A suitable bag to hold the above plus books and other equipment
- A re-usable water bottle. Sports-type or metal. Filtered water dispensers are positioned around the Academy, where pupils can replenish their bottles at break and lunch time. Please note that other drinks such as energy, soft and carbonated drinks are prohibited and must not be brought in to school. Pupils will have the option to purchase a healthy juice drink or a hot drink at school, alongside free access to filtered water.
Please note: All of the above equipment can usually be replenished at the in-school shop before school and at break times.
Pupils may also consider bringing:
- Colouring pencils
- A calculator
- An inexpensive wrist watch
Please note: Though this equipment can prove useful, it is not essential and will sometimes be supplied by the school when necessary. Sharp objects such as scissors must always be provided by the school.
Pupils should not bring:
- Mobile Phones – Although we accept that a mobile phone is sometimes necessary for parent-pupil contact, it should be turned off during the school day and remain out of site. It should never be used at any point during the school day or on school premises. Phones will be confiscated by staff should students be seen using their phone or other connected device. Please also note that the Academy will take no responsibility for any such items brought into school that may become damaged, lost or stolen.
- Headphones – (wired or wireless), like mobile phones, these will be confiscated if they are seen.
- Tippex’ or eraser fluid
- Scissors or any other sharp object
- Marker pens
- Glue of any type
School Rules in the Class Room
Students are expected to act in a respectful manner conducive to the learning of everyone when in any classroom. This includes during registration, lesson time, in our computer suites or in any after school clubs or activities that may take place around school.
School Rules Around School
The Southmoor Way is the broad standard of conduct we expect from every single one of our students from Years 7 -13. It is important that student are familiar with these and keep them in mind at all times t maintain the best practice as an exceptional student at Southmoor.
The Southmoor Way