When will it happen?
- You will be on placement from 10th July 2017 until 15th July 2017.
What is work experience?
- An opportunity for you to visit a place of work and learn about a work based environment.
- It does not necessarily have to be connected to what you want to become.
How do I arrange it?
- You must contact a company and ask them if they could accept you on a work experience placement.
- You need to complete a personal placement form when having that conversation.
- You need to complete all forms (consent forms and placement forms) and return them to student reception no later than 16th May 2017.
Note: Placements will not be arranged after this date and you will be expected to attend school!
What happens if I don’t arrange a placement?
- The school has access to a few additional placements.
- We will allocate these placements to you.
- Failing that, you will be expected to be in school and attend lessons as normal.
What do I need to ask the employer?
You may want to ask a few questions to make the experience easier for you including:
- What do I need to wear?
- How long will I have for lunch?
- What time will I be expected to be at work from and until?
- Do I need to bring my own lunch?
- Is there facilities for me to eat lunch?
- Is there anything else I need to know?
Personal Placement Form
Click here to download our personal placement form
Consent Form plus School Visit Consent Form
Click here to download our consent form