At Southmoor we believe that every moment matters. As you move around the site, and in every classroom, we expect you to be Ready, Respectful and Safe at all times, to accept responsibility for your behaviour, and to encourage others to do the same.
Southmoor is a community, working together to bring benefit to all. Sometimes you might have to do something you don’t want to do because it is for the good of the community. We ask that you look after each other, thinking about the feelings and needs of other people before your own, and considering how your actions and words might impact them.
Most importantly, we expect you to understand that the rules we have in place are there both for your practical benefit, and also to teach you how to conduct yourself in later life. It is never appropriate to argue with teachers – if you feel that there has been a mistake, please follow instructions and respectfully raise it with the teacher afterwards. Ultimately, you are in a school, and following the instructions of the adults who work there is the first, most basic expectation.
If, for every moment of our school lives, we are Ready, Respectful and Safe, then we can Aspire, Achieve and Enjoy.
Ready, Respectful, Safe
Recognition & Rewards
• Curriculum areas use postcards, stickers and letters of praise and positive notes to recognise good work in their class.
• Tutors will also endeavour to send messages of praise for individuals directly to their parents via the ‘Class Charts’ app.
• Our Headteacher also has a weekly award where pupils who have been nominated by their teachers or peers can win recognition for their outstanding achievements.
• We also host an annual celebration ‘Awards Evening’ for our Year Groups, where parents can watch their child receive certificates of merit from our school leadership as well as glass awards for significant achievement.
• Achievements are also celebrated during weekly assemblies and in our weekly blog.