Pupil Premium Funding
Pupil Premium & Support Funding Documents
- Pupil Premium Funding Strategy 2023 – 2024
- Pupil Premium Funding Strategy 2022 – 2023
- Pupil Premium Funding Strategy 2021 – 2022
- Southmoor Academy Sixth Form’s statement on how it is using the 16-19 Tuition Fund from Sep 2021
- Pupil Premium Approaches; Overview
- Pupil Premium Approaches; Overview (KS5)
The Government provides Pupil Premium funding. This is in addition to main school funding. Its purpose is to help address national inequalities between the achievements of children eligible for free school meals or children in care when compared with their wealthier peers.
The Pupil Premium is allocated to schools based on the number of students who are known to be eligible for free school meals at any point within the last six years and children who have been continuously looked after for more than six months.
It is for schools to decide how the Pupil Premium is spent since they are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made for the individual students within their responsibility.