Required School Equipment
We are pleased to offer all students at Southmoor a free branded pencil case on their first day at school this year. The pencil case contains the essential equipment you will need everyday at school. Pupils must bring at least this equipment with them everyday they are in school and keep it in good condition.
The required equipment for every day at Southmoor is:
- A Black Pen
- A Green Pen
- A Pencil
- A Ruler (15cm)
- A Pencil Sharpener
- An Eraser
- A Pencil Case to hold all of the above
- The pupil planner provided to all students at the start of each school year
- A suitable bag to hold the above plus planners and equipment
Please note: All of the above equipment can be bought at the in-school shop open everyday at break time next to the House Leader’s Office.
Pupils may also consider brining:
- Colouring Pencils
- A Calculator
- An Inexpensive Wrist Watch
- A re-usable water bottle (house branded versions are available)
Please note: Though this equipment can prove useful, it is not essential and will sometimes be supplied by the school when necessary.
Pupils should not bring:
- Tipex or Eraser Fluid
- Scissors or any other sharp object
- Mobile Phones (Although we accept that a mobile phone is sometimes necessary for parent-pupil contact, it should be turned off during the day and kept hidden. It should never be used at any point during the school day or on school premises. Phones will be confiscated by staff should students be seen using their phone or other connected device.)
School Rules in the Class Room
Students are expected to act in a respectful manner conducive to the learning of everyone when in any classroom. This includes during registration, lesson time, in our computer suites or in any after school clubs or activities that may take place around school.
School Rules Around School
The Southmoor Way is the broad standard of conduct we expect from every single one of our students from Years 7 -13. It is important that student are familiar with these and keep them in mind at all times t maintain the best practice as an exceptional student at Southmoor.
The Southmoor Way