If you are well but unable to come into school (or the school is closed), you should continue your learning online following the steps below.
Homework should be completed outside of school hours by all pupils. All homework is set via Satchelone.
View the homework calendar without logging in by visiting www.southmoor.satchelone.com and filter by your year, subject, teacher and class to access your homework.
You can also log in here satchelone.com (the first time you log in you will need a PIN code from your teacher, after that you can log in with your email address). By logging in you can access your homework more easily, complete quizzes, and also upload a file or photo of your work for your teacher to give feedback on.
We recommend you complete classwork at the times during the day when you would usually have subjects on your school timetable. Remember to take your break times too!
- Log in to Google Classroom to access work set by your subject teachers in each individual subject’s online classroom. Go to googleclassroom
• Your username is your school email address in the following format:
> For Example: 2020JoeBloggs@southmoormat.co.uk
• Your password is Student1 (please reset this asap)
- To join a subject classroom for the first time, click the + button that asks you to ‘Join a class’. Enter the class code given to you by your teacher (if you haven’t got this yet, check to see if it’s on Satchelone for this by following the instructions in the Homework section above).
- All relevant tasks, resources and links will be saved in Google Classroom. Work will follow the usual subject timeline, which is saved in Google Classroom. Please look at the timeline to see the name of the topic to be completed each day.
- Tasks will follow the same content as is taught in lessons in school. The amount of work set should be the same as what pupils would complete in an ordinary lesson in school.
- The majority of the work your teachers set will include acquiring new knowledge, skills or understanding and then demonstrating, consolidating or applying it to certain situations. Some work will be completed online and other work may be more project based, or written down.
- You should submit completed work by uploading it (or a photo of it) into the correct place (such as google drive or Google Classroom), labelled with the task and the date – instructions for how work should be submitted will be given in the Google Classroom task. Some work can be completed straight in Google Classroom on a Google Doc. Please do not email work or direct links to your teachers.
- You may be asked to respond to feedback once the work has been marked by your teacher.
- Teachers will inform you, through Google Classroom, which pieces of work will be assessed and how (for example, by submitting online, or later once school has reopened).
- If you need to talk to someone about a problem or concern whilst at home, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and put either your Head of Year or another member of staff’s name at the top of the email, e.g. FAO Mr Brown, Pastoral Leader of Year 7.
Finally, if you have any questions about your learning, you can communicate easily with your teachers via messages on Google Classroom or Satchelone.
You can download the above information in a single PDF by clicking here.